Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time for Some Civility?

This post was just received on the Newboxers Talk List.
It looks like help is finally on the way . . . .

Dear Letterboxers,


Salutations. My name is Emily Post. For those of you who are not familiar with my reputation, I am the foremost authority on proper etiquette. It is my solemn duty to ascertain why etiquette is disappearing from society.

Over the course of the last year, I have not failed to notice the mention of letterboxing in many publications throughout the country. This has brought me to your group in the hope of finding an element of society that has not lapsed in common manners.

Letterboxers, it seems, have not been immune to the pitfalls of society. I have spent much time perusing various sites only to find that many of you are concerned with the lack of common courtesy. Yes, horrifying as it may be, there is a lack of etiquette today. How can this be?

Venturing into the groups’ archives in the hope of finding answers, I have come to the only conclusion that can possibly be reached. The Store of Good Manners is missing! How has this happened? Who is at fault? What can be done?

Enlisting the help of Investigator Francis Bacon, I intend to find the answers to these questions. He has assured me that he will act with propriety and courtesy to all those he contacts. I also beg you, the letterboxing community, to assist Investigator Bacon in this most challenging of cases. If any of you have word that can be of benefit in this most mysterious situation, please send me an email. The choice is yours, to act or not to act.

Truly,


Ms. Emily Post


And the response from Inspector Bacon:




To Letterboxers Everywhere,

As you are aware I have been hired by Emily Post to investigate what she thinks is a crime. I have to agree with her, The Store of Good Manners is missing. I believe that there just might be a goodly number of letterboxers involved in a crime of this magnitude. Have no doubt, I will find the guilty parties!

Der Mad Stamper, are you reading? You might have been able to pull off your innocence in the PZKut caper, but were you really innocent? While under the influence of tequila you let slip a secret that is now making sense to me. You were awfully quick to blame others. Did another letterboxer get the short end of the stick? Just what is your involvement in this latest crime, I ask? You can make this easy: speak up now and save us all a lot of time, not to mention the fee that I will be charging Emily Post. Or you can hide behind a plea of innocence that will eventually be broken. Don’t go for the not at home bit; I know you are out there.

Sincerely,

Investigator Francis Bacon




posted by Mark and Sue at Thursday, May 31, 2007