Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Message with Wings!

Our favorite winged wonder emailed me a few weeks ago. Butterfly had some knee surgery and we've been checking up on her via email.

She started receiving cards and letters from boxers around the country and asked if I had anything to do with it! It wasn't us but we did write a little veiled story several weeks back meant to let the CT area boxers aware of her then pending surgery.

Someone else has sent out the word and given her snail mail addy. We offered to help her get the word out by posting a letter to the letterboxing community here. We're pleased to post this thank you note from a dear and wonderful friend.

To our Letterboxing Family:

Wow - a most fun and wonderful thing has happened with a twist of magic! Our letterboxing family proved to me how large and big hearted it is.

The news of my recent leg injury somehow spread across the whole U.S. and oozed over into Canada. Cards of well wishes have filled my mail box and brought many a smile along with them. I want to thank everyone for all the words of encouragement and positive energy. I have just progressed to the pool and exercises that will soon get me back on the trail.

Now for the magic. Somehow all the cards sent to me were addressed wrong ~ to East Lyme , and I live in Niantic. The East Lyme Post Office has been very kind to send them on to me and I am sure most all the cards found their way to my house. However a large black stamp from the East Lyme Post Office, on each envelope many times blocks out the return address so I have asked Mark Pepe to help me out by allowing me to send a big thanks this way.

To: Dewdrops, Shoe bee, The Ferg, J.B.S., Miss Jacenda and The L.B.Brat, Tea Cup ~ all from Maine; Checksix and Luna Crew from CT; Cath Cain Gwen from NY; Prairie dog, Nirtrocat and Kittens from IL; Whispering Thunder, Happy Papaya, Toad Hollow, Encouraging Angel, Team Garlic, Mild Mannered Piper, Lucky Charm, D.K., A Penguin from WA; Red Soup Duncan B.C. Canada; Wassamatta San Jose CA; Jolly Roger, Chickadee, Chariotte NC; Colorful Colorado, Anthrogradjess, Papozen, Turtle Girl, CO; Mommo, Columbia MD; and Batty Girl Justin TX.

To you all a big smile and many thanks!
You made my ‘down time’ much more fun.

Butterfly


posted by Mark and Sue at Thursday, March 15, 2007