Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

And Choi said "Let there be Letterboxing Podcasts!"


B
ack about a month ago, Choi emailed me and asked that I call him right away. I did, wondering what was up.

He asked me what I knew about podcasts and did I see a use for them in letterboxing, which I really did not! In fact, I told him, our youngest son, Steve, whose idea the boxing bands were, came to me 4 months ago and said I should get on the podcast bandwagon for our website.

"How would that fit in," I asked Steve.
"You'll see," he said.
Will I never learn???

So, Choi went on to tell me some uses of podcasts. They could be used as educational audio (interesting idea I thought,) and for interviews (that's when he caught my ear!) Then I imagined our Interview Series and how cool it would be to actually hear the interview, which would give them much more life and reality!

"What about podcasts from Dartmoor when we go next year?" I asked Choi. "And wouldn't it be cool to sit down and interview Godfrey and Anne Swinscow for a half hour talk?"

Choi then said, "Maybe even sit down with your group after a day on the moor and ask their impressions." My mind was racing - this podcast thing was way cool and something for which I could see a multitude of other uses - clues to name one!

So, the Letterboxing Podcast yahoo group was born - with Choi's idea and foresight and my enthusiasm. We hope you join the yahoo group which is located here. From the initial reaction, it looks like it will be a hit. Think of it as letterboxing joining the present. What better way to learn about letterboxing than from a group that care so much about it. Other planned discussions may include "What to do with a HH," "I signed up for a gathering - now what?"

Visit the letterboxing podcast website for the first podcast, which is an introduction to letterboxing. Choi wrote a wonderful script that he narrates which captures the essence of this game. Stop by and see what you think. And don't forget to give props to that Choi boy!

We've just put up a new Poll of the Week for you to express your opinion of letterboxing podcasts after you've listened to the first podcast and explored the talk list.

Ain't letterboxing great? :-)

UPDATE: Thanks to Pied Piper - we'd like to let everyone know that you don't actually have to own an iPod to listen to podcasts. All you have to have is iTunes (free program from Apple) loaded on your computer. If you have a PC, there is a version of iTunes for you as well to download.

posted by Mark and Sue at Tuesday, June 20, 2006