Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Saturday, October 08, 2005

A New Box with the Help of a Turtle?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Click me, my little pretty!

Last fall, The Baker's Dozen, our group that went to Dartmoor, had a reunion of sorts at Deanne & Dave's. While there, unbenownst to me, Sue was talking to Alexis (Talking Turtle) about how one of my most favorite movies of all times is The Wizard of Oz. And Sue never thought another thing of it.

Shortly before Christmas, a package arrived from Lex and the rest of the Alphabet Bandits of NY. Alexis had mailed a gift for both Sue and I. My gift was a beautiful carving of the Wicked Witch from Oz. If you've never had the pleasure of seeing one of Talking Turtle's creations, you have surely missed seeing something great. This turtle can carve it up with the best of them! I have kept that stamp in my drawer until yesterday. I've decided that it is much too nice to leave squandered away. So, like a good parent, I will give the Wicked Witch her wings and she will soon fly off for a place where all who dare can hunt and marvel at her dastardly beauty.


posted by Mark and Sue at Saturday, October 08, 2005