Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Thursday, August 18, 2005

If I've Said it Once . . .

DON'T LETTERBOX ALONE!

I hope it's clear this time. I just got off the phone while at work with a frantic CT letterboxer in tears. She's stuck up at a ridgeline by herself and appears to be lost and is in a spot that she's afraid to move for fear of falling! Calls me at work asking for the placer's phone number - a mutual friend. I don't know the placer's phone number but know they are out of town.

I empathize and feel totally helpless but I'm at work and cannot do too much, besides being 45 minutes away from the location of this WOM clue. I advised she call 911 so that professionals could aid her. I explained that she had to let them know her exact route and where she is located and to remain calm. In re-telling me of her plight, it seems she knows the route she took and about where she is. I tried my best to calm her down and reinforce the fact that she should be with someone. Appears she traveled off trail to save some steps and is now in a precarious situation! Again, I tried to calm her and I asked that she let me know when she was safe again.

Is it me?

UPDATE: After calling 911, our letterboxer is now safe.

posted by Mark and Sue at Thursday, August 18, 2005