Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Celebrity Sighting

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the first day of our cruise, Sue leaned over to me while we were walking through one of the decks and said, "I just spotted someone who I recognize but can't seem to place." I told her to nudge me the next time she saw this woman. We didn't wait long to make our celebrity discovery!

The next morning I was headed somewhere by myself and there in front of me was Conchata Ferrell. I walked up to her and excused myself and said, "I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your work."

My one line led to an extended conversation about cruising, her husband being a former Navy man and her present job as Berta on the TV series Two and a Half Men. While I was initially unsure whether this was that cantankerous maid that bosses around her charges on that sitcom, once she opened her mouth and started to speak I knew she was who I thought. That distinctive southern drawl and robust voice was unmistakable.

Several others from our party also encountered Conchata over the course of the week and she was just as nice to them. She told my mother-in-law that she was a blue collar actress! And, she also letterboxes! No - just kidding! :-)

posted by Mark and Sue at Tuesday, August 09, 2005