Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Trolls, Flame Wars and the Talk List

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Where do I start? Well - I'm disgusted, discouraged and disheartened.

Why are people so mean to each other? Last time I checked, this was supposed to be a hobby; a pastime at which we find enjoyment. The latest flame has had me reconsidering my position on the talk list as a moderator and in general, in letterboxing.

After every flame, we loose more people from the talk list. Yesterday Boxdn from Louisiana just gave up. Unsubscribed from both the LBNA talk list and our Newboxers list. He's had enough. Sick of the nonsense, as am I. I wonder if our letterboxing forefathers had to put up with this junk?

Not sure what will happen but I don't know if I want to be associated with a sport that has so many mean-spirited trouble makers. While I know they are in the minority, I'm just worn out. This latest flame was like the proverbial straw and the camel's back. Maybe it's time to just walk away. I plan on spending some time at the Danbury gathering with Sue and several respected letterboxing friends. And there's a special friend with which we'll spend some extended time this weekend. Between this group, I hope I come away feeling better than I do now.

What happened to "Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

posted by Mark and Sue at Saturday, June 04, 2005