Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Who's Naughty or Nice?
A Letterboxing Reflection



For those of you following the LbNE Logo Contest, it seems that a late comer has started to question the entire groups' reasoning to include New York in our logo. This after Phyto ran a poll, much discussion on the talk list and the actual designs coming into us for the contest!

I also received a personal email from this person this morning, asking why I began the contest before the poll had ended!

Why do we have to face these trolls now and then, filled with their brand of anti-letterboxing venom? Negativity just hurts this hobby. Why can't we keep this all on a positive note - this is a hobby - isn't it? I'm not saying I do bunches for letterboxing, but I try my best to involve all, keep up this website and make this game a little more interesting - whether via this website or other media. I do my best to contribute so that others enjoy this game. Why are there always trolls looking to take good things down? What do these questions do to the designers of these logos; many who have spent hours for no money to produce a logo that will be enjoyed by all?

In the final assessment - what would your answer be when asked of your contribution to letterboxing - Naughty or Nice?

Thanks for listening to me spout off - I feel much better now - back to the good Mark!

posted by Mark and Sue at Tuesday, December 21, 2004