Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Sunday, December 26, 2004

A Special Russ 'Hiker Report!



Our very first HH that we placed is called the Russ 'Hiker in memory of our brother-in-law, Russ Pipeling, who died suddenly in the spring of 2003 in his early 50's. Because this HH commmemorates that special guy, Sue & I have been most fortunate in receiving reports of its whereabouts over the years and this Christmas Eve was no exception.

Christmas Eve in our family has always been a special time. My memories of the once-a-year Christmas Eve feast was a much-anticipated event when it was held at my grandmother's many years ago. After her death, my mom took over the honors as Sue & I did after my mom's passing almost 20 years ago. And Russ, who married my sister Linda, was always a vital part of this meal! This was our 2nd Christmas without Russ and we all thought of him often during the night - remembering and retelling stories about him - which served as a way of rememberance and I suppose, as a vehicle of healing.

After all our guests had left and Sue & I were finished cleaning up, I stopped at the computer on my way upstairs to bed. A quick check of our email found a wonderful note, telling Sue and I that the Russ 'Hiker had been picked up that same day - Christmas Eve by a letterboxer in Brewster, MA at the Cape, and that "Russ was in great condition and ready to be moved on!" I called my sister and shared the news with her. What a wonderful way to end the day. I guess you never know what impact you make when reporting to a placer a boxes' condition or a HH's whereabouts. I do know that this was one report that meant so much to us and will never forget!

posted by Mark and Sue at Sunday, December 26, 2004