Mark & Sue Pepe hail from Kensington, CT USA.

After finding our initial box in June 2002, we have since found letterboxes in 18 states and placed them in 13 states; 4 countries: Aruba, Bermuda, The Netherlands, Great Britain; and on a cruise ship! Thanks for stopping by our website and we appreciate your continued support.

"Have fun and just get out there & box!!!"

Email us: mjpepe1@comcast.net (Mark) or suepepe1@comcast.net (Sue)

Monday, October 18, 2004

Phynstar tells a Pig Story

Here is the story of the final leg of Betty the Pink Pig and phynstar to the finish line:

" I am not a city girl by nature so the thought of heading into NYC to plant a HH seemed a bit crazy to me...but I just had to take on the challenge. "Betty" and I got up and headed for the train station in Pougkeepsie, NY. After a 2 hour ride to Grand Central then a bit of a turn around when coming out of the subway at Astor Place, "we" located the Halloween Adventure box using a compass to get our bearings straight!! The grin on my face was a picture to behold while walking toward the store. It was insane with "costumers". 'We' looked about and saw, there, in the corner, stood Frankie...the Pink and I raced over and was blocked by a mother and child. After "flying" over them we landed at the chest. Next the Pig tried the combo but to no avail; hooves got in the way. I then tried the combo several times when an employee asked if they could be of assistance. I told her what was up and she radio-ed Tony!!! I told him the combo and he said the first number was off...I showed the sheet and he said "I can say no more". Other employees zipped their lips. I figured it out on the first recount of the "the"s. Betty did the honors and the stamping in began! And there you have it. One racer at the finish line.

Tony had fun looking at the Mansfield Monster Stamps that had been logged into my journal so far. Although he could not take the interest and time he would have liked to because it was real busy in there! Two of his employees took an interest in the activity saying they would like to try it someday!"



Thanks, Phynstar, for the report. [Wish Rosie had won!]

posted by Mark and Sue at Monday, October 18, 2004